Booking now live for our Computer Science Accelerator graduation events!
09 May 2022
We’re pleased to announce that booking is now live for our celebration events for graduates of the Computer Science Accelerator (CSA) programme!
These events are exclusive to teachers who have obtained their Subject knowledge certificate, providing you with the opportunity to celebrate your dedication to professional development.
There will be 10 celebration events taking place in person across England in June and July. Our network of Computing Hubs has been at the heart of the planning process for each of these, designing events that are unique and sure to appeal to all CSA graduates alike.
We are pleased to reveal the locations and dates for all events:
- Auto Trader UK, Manchester - Wednesday 29 June
- National STEM Learning Centre, York - Thursday 30 June
- Millennium Point, Birmingham - Monday 4 July
- Digital Planetarium at Winchester Science Centre, Winchester - Monday 4 July
- Westminster City Hall, London - Tuesday 5 July
- Urban Sciences Building at Newcastle University, Newcastle - Friday 8 July
- DC Intelligence Ltd, Cambridge - Saturday 9 July
- Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes - Wednesday 13 & Thursday 14 July
- GKN Aerospace Global Technology Centre, Bristol - Wednesday 13 July
Here is a general overview of what attendees can expect:
- Hear from a range of inspiring and influential keynote speakers, including our Chair Prof Simon Peyton Jones and Prof Miles Berry
- Connect with like-minded teachers and industry representatives
- Receive a physical copy of your Subject knowledge certificate
- Hear from other graduates about how the programme has impacted them and their students
- Access a range of opportunities that will benefit you and your students’ understanding of careers and skills related to computing
- Discover further opportunities to engage with us
- Hear what’s next for the National Centre for Computing Education
How do I secure my place at an event?
If you have already completed the programme, you can book directly via the website. Email invitations are being distributed from early May, so you will also receive an email about this.
Need some help completing your certificate?
If you’re yet to embark on or complete your Computer Science Accelerator journey, it’s not too late! Log in to your Teach Computing profile to check your progress, or you can reach out to your local Computing Hub for more information.
You can view all courses eligible for the certificate on the Teach Computing website, where you can filter by topic and course format to suit your needs. We also have a range of intensive and residential courses scheduled this term.
Alternatively, if you need support preparing for the test, why not attend a 90-minute Preparing to take the CSA test session?
Don’t forget, if you work in a state-funded school or college, if you complete the CSA before 31 July your school will be entitled to bursary funding of up to £1800.